MPB, the largest global platform for photo and video kit, has revealed the latest inductees into its esteemed Photo and Video Kit Hall of Fame. The announcement was made on World Photography Day and was the result of over 146,000 votes cast worldwide. The Hall of Fame is divided into five categories: Classic, Game Changer, Road Tested, Trendsetter, and Iconic.
In the Classic category, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV emerged victorious, beating out tough competition from the Nikon D3 and Sony A7R V cameras. The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is widely regarded as a classic digital camera, known for its exceptional image quality, versatility, and durability. It has become a staple choice for professional photographers.
The DJI Mavic 3 Pro was inducted into the Game Changer category. Known for revolutionizing the drone industry, the Mavic 3 Pro introduced cutting-edge technology and advanced image quality. It surpassed competitors such as the Ricoh GR IIIx, Canon EOS R3, Nikon Z9, and DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Sony finally made its mark in the Road Tested category with the Sony A7 IV. This camera offers a high-resolution full-frame sensor, reliable autofocus, and robust image stabilization, making it a reliable choice for photographers in diverse shooting conditions. The other nominees in this category were the Fujifilm X-Pro 3 and Canon EOS R6 Mark II mirrorless camera bodies, as well as the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM and Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II zoom lenses.
Fujifilm took home the Trendsetter award with the Fujifilm X100V. This camera pushes the boundaries of compact cameras with its blend of vintage design and modern technology, capturing the attention of young photographers on social media. It outshined competitors such as the Fujifilm X-T5, Canon EOS R5, Tamron 28-200mm f/2.8-5.6 Di III RXD, and DJI Mini 3.
In the Iconic category, the Leica M6 was inducted into the Hall of Fame. This rangefinder camera is beloved by street photographers for its mechanical construction, in-built light meter, and timeless compact design. Other nominees in this category included the Sony A1, Leica Q2, Mamiya RZ67, and Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM.
The nominations were put together by a committee of industry experts, including photographers, videographers, and journalists from the UK, US, and Europe. The winners were chosen through a rigorous voting process.
MPB’s CEO and Founder, Matt Barker, congratulated the inductees and expressed gratitude to everyone who participated in the voting process. The Photo and Video Kit Hall of Fame celebrates the best in visual storytelling and highlights the top-performing cameras, lenses, and drones in the industry.
– DSLR: Digital Single Lens Reflex camera, a type of camera that uses a mirror and prism system to direct light from the lens to the optical viewfinder.
– Hall of Fame: A special place or organization that honors individuals or products for outstanding achievement.
– Classic: Referring to something of enduring significance or appeal, often used to describe products that have stood the test of time.
– Game Changer: An innovation or technology that significantly alters the course of an industry or market.
– Iconic: Symbolizing or representing something that is widely recognized and admired.
– Trendsetter: A person or thing that sets a new trend or fashion.
– Rangefinder camera: A type of camera that uses a rangefinder mechanism to measure focus distance and capture precise images.